Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mid-Abdominal Miracle

So a few nights ago, I was really really sick in my stomach, having pains and cramps that I've never experienced before or since. I got to sleep and felt a little better the next morning. As the day went on, however, I started to have pain again, apexing that night at about 11. I had had a blessing, said a bunch of prayers and talked to a few families and it seemed like everyone would ask "Do you think maybe it's appendicitis?" to which I would reply that I didn't think so, because I was too scared that I was just psyching myself out and didn't want to go to the hospital and waste money just to be told I would be ok.

I called Sister Cannon and asked her what she thought I should do and she and President agreed that it would be better safe than sorry and encouraged me to go to the hospital. I remember President saying "You'll have to drink some pretty gross stuff for the CT Scan, which might make you sick to begin with." I did not want to drink that stuff.

I hesitated and pondered but finally decided to go, all the time dreading the "CT Drink." I got dressed and was tying my shoes when I realized that I wasn't really in pain anymore. I froze. I didn't know if the only reason I didn't hurt was just because I was sitting a certain way. Slowly, tentatively, I laid down. No pain. I sat in a chair. No pain.

I stood. I walked. I bent over. Nothing.

Still in disbelief, I called Sister Cannon and told her the pain was gone and that I wasn't going to go after all. She said "Wow. Really? that's interesting because we just finished saying a prayer for you."

I slept like a rock and woke up the next morning feeling great, albeit a bit hungry.

It's humbling to know that God really does watch over us, especially so when we're in His service. It was a miracle, to be sure.

-Elder Hopkins

PS - Maybe I was just feeling sympathy pains for my sister's pregnancy. (It's going to be a boy!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |