Thursday, October 15, 2009

Letter - Thursday, October 15th

Well, the last few weeks we hadn't heard much from Mike, but he did tell us that he's been sick with food poisoning! I think he's all better now, since it's been over a week and a half since he said he started feeling sick. Anyway, we had also heard from him that he'd be staying in Boise for a while longer. Then, we got this letter from him today, updating everything:

"So, About Tuesday...

We went to send e-mails but the place we were at had the internet crash, and so we didn't get the e-mails sent. I actually printed off what I was GOING to send and will send it to you (mom and dad) in a letter.

Anyway, turns out I'm not staying in Boise, but instead am going to Rupert to shotgun an area. Shotgunning is where you and another Elder enter an area that is new to the both of you. Essentially, we'll be the first Elders to be in this area in a while. I've sent Dad the GoogleMaps of Rupert. It's a car area, so I'll be going to Wal-Mart this week to return my bike. I'll miss it.

So anyway, I was upset at this transfer call at first because my first baptism and my first confirmation would've taken place this next transfer if I had stayed. But, I know that me going to a brand new area shows that President really trusts me.

Anyway, my new companion's name is Elder Smith. I'll be transferring to Rupert next Wednesday. Neither of us are going to know the area at all and it's a really large area I've been told. I will need the Garmin (GPS). I've been weaning myself onto the cold weather by sleeping with our windows open the first few days it started getting cold and that was really nice, because it's in the 40s right now and I'm still in short sleeves!

So, that's what's been going on in my life the last week or so. Again, sorry for the delayed e-mail. Know that I am striving to write you as much as I can in the limited time I have and I love you each. Our family picture is right next to my bed and it's almost always the last thing I see before the lights go out. I miss you and love you all very much, these past 3 months have been very frustrating to be quite honest, but I know this is where and what I need to be doing, and that, as they say, every trial makes your future wife more attractive :D

Always,

Elder Hops"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |