Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mer[ID]ian (11/16/2010)

So, I just realized this city has the state's abbreviation in it. Go figure. Another thing I noticed this week is that Elder Landeen says "Sandy" like Danny Zuko from Grease!. It's actually pretty funny. He and I get along splendidly. It's also cool how we came out at the same time, so we can relate to each other in aspects pertaining to that.

For example, in the same vein as last letter's comment about Christmas, every six months, the Church has what's called General Conference. During Conference weekend, the Prophet and the Apostles of the church prepare talks on different subjects that they feel the world needs to hear about. It's a pretty special thing since it isn't just for members of the Church, but anyone who wants to watch and listen. Anyway, like I said, it happens every six months; in April and October. We were driving some Elders in our Zone around (which, if you haven't already gathered, is a major theme of our time/conversations) and they commented on how cool it was to see Conference on their missions. For one, this was his first; the other, his second. Elder Landeen and I both noticed how we had only one more to go before going home.

Don't worry, we don't sit around all day thinking about home and griping or anything. Just, every so often, someone will say something and you'll realize how much is behind you and how seemingly little you have before you. In all reality, it helps motivate you to stay focused for the time you have left.

Today, we played dodgeball for 3 hours. As I sit here and type this, my whole body aches, but it's such a good feeling. There's something about dodgeball that's different than most games. I think it's the nearly constant flow of adrenaline for the duration of every game. You're either dodging, ducking, dipping, diving or...dodging. If you're not doing one of those things, you're usually out. I think another aspect that makes it so great is the balls you use. Whatever sport you're using them for, you always feel like a kid back on the playground. Think about it: foursquare (my favorite), kickball, dodgeball, etc. They're all awesome!

To finish, I'd like to share a quote from James E. Faust. It's a really inspiring video and if you have time, please watch it:



In a world so quick to change, it's good to know the Gospel is something we can hold on to. I know Jesus Christ lives and I know He and our Heavenly Father love us more than we realize.I love you all very much and appreciate your continual support!

Yours 'til Niagra Falls,

ZL Hops

0 comments:

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |