Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Hollerdays! 12/28/2010

So, yesterday, I cleaned a goose.
Now that I've got that out of the way, I can tell you about the rest of the week.

Christmas
was awesome, due in large part to all of you who sent me ornaments, letters and other miscellaneous goodies. I am very indebted to all of you for your support and love. It's the fuel that makes this marathon a lot easier to run. I'm going to upload the pictures of all the ornaments very soon, I just don't have to time to do it right now.

But again, thank you.

Most of Christmas Day was spent going around to different families and just crashing...I mean, joining their celebrations. There were a lot of different traditions. It's neat to see what so many different families do so that one day, when I have a family, I can draw from those experiences for my own traditions. They ranged from eating on the floor to playing a series of "Minute to Win It" games (which, as most of YOU probably know, is some kind of game show) to playing Christmas carols on handmade chimes.
I did, of course, miss my own family's traditions, such as singing Silent Night on Christmas Eve in front of our nativity scene and then singing Joy to the World on Christmas Morning and placing baby Jesus in the manger. I also, on a side note, really missed the Rosser's famous Christmas Eve Breakfast. No country ham this year!

Bottom line: Christmas is awesome, families are awesome and my Grandaddy's trash is awesome (it's a Hopkins thing).

Just another day in the perfect place. And if you don't believe me, read the sign:
I hope everyone else's Christmas was equally as wonderful.

Until next time!

- ZDT Hops

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop being so arrogant! You're a zone leader... big freakin deal!! Enough is enough. Go back to the old Hops. New Hops isn't as cool man.

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |