Thursday, July 30, 2009

First Adventure in Boise Idaho

Hello hello hello everyone!

So I'm finally in Boise! Here's a picture of President and Sister Yardley and me on my first day at the mission office. The Yardley's are resopnsible for all the missionaries in the Idaho Boise Mission. They are awesome. They are from Panguitch, Utah which is in the South Western part of the state down near Bryce Canyon. My mom and dad were just there being tourists the very day after they dropped me off at the Missionary Training Center.




I met my trainer, Elder Nelson, who's a cool guy. We've really hit it off, so hopefully, he'll help me learn and we'll get along. We went out and walked around the area a little and met a few people, all of who were super friendly. These people don't have much, but what they DO have is a smile and an open heart and that's what counts. I love it here. As far as the weather, it's pretty much optimal. It can be a little hot, but it seems like there's always a breeze blowing to make it ok. It's also very dry which is nice. It's awesome to look and see mountains around everywhere and there's actually a decent amount of trees in this area.

Today (Wednesday 7/29/09) we realized that we needed to use some bikes to get where we needed to go, but all we have to use at the house we're staying at are a couple old beach cruisers. So we went riding down the street on these "old-school" beach cruising bikes, ringing the bells and laughing on our way to our appointments. It's going to be fun being here. It's still a little strange being in a new place, but I'm sure I'll warm up to it after a short while.

I'd love to hear from everyone. Feel free to send pictures and messages and things so I know what's going on back home. I'm so excited to be here. The mission covers a large area and my first area is in South Boise, right near the Mission Office. If you send packages use USPS not FedEx or UPS or anything like that, or I have to go to the mission home to get it which is a ways away. So,if you haven't already been informed, here's my mailing address:

Elder Mike Hopkins
Boise Idaho Mission Office
1111 S. Cole Rd.
Boise, ID 83709


Also, my trainer is from Canada, America's hat. We joke around a lot and already have fun. I have pictures, which I'll start uploading soon so everyone can see what's going on! I love you all and thanks for your support! Keep writing!


-Elder Hopkins

0 comments:

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |